Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gordie Howe Hat Trick

Maybe you can help me out my readers?

We all understand a Gordie Howe Hat Trick to be the recording of a goal, an assist and a fight on the scoresheet for one game. This feat is fairly rare in the NHL. I had a feeling in the back of my mind that Mister Hockey had not actually recorded as many of the tricks as conventional hockey legend would have us believe. Small debate with a buddy lead me to investigate.

There is a wiki for Gordie Howe Hat Tricks here. Much to my surprise Gordie is reported to have only ever recorded one of the hat tricks named after him. The date was 22-Dec-1955 and the opponent was Boston.

Here is the problem. I want to believe the wiki. But I do not. Do any of you readers have any verifiable proof otherwise? If so please add it in the comments below.

Thank you my readers.

Ciao,



Tags: ; ; ;

1 comment:

  1. PS: I have a plan. I will not give the details here but it invloves gathering into a database all the scoresheets for NHL games. As the data will be to recent to solve the Gordie Howe Puzzle think of all the other debates I will be able to settle.

    Ciao,

    ReplyDelete