Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

My oh my readers!

I used to watch Saturday Night Live years ago. There was promise of Senator Barack Obama hosting the show on 13-Sep-08. I was keen to watch as I find this passing of leadership from one generation to another an interesting event in the USA. I was young, but I do remember the events of Bobby Kennedy in 1968. It seemed to me that America was struggling with whether to step forward with the ideals of a younger generation or to return to the more conservative approach of Richard Nixon.

Twenty years later Americans seem to be facing a similar challenge. To move forward with a young, articulate, mixed race and, let's be real, untried man in Barack Obama. Or to stay the course with John McCain, a Vietnam war hero, that will continue the policies which have guided America since Ronald Regan presidency began in 1981.

It is good to see some serious poking of fun at the players by Saturday Night Live. Amy Poehler plays former First Lady Hillary Clinton and Democratic candidate for the presidency and Tina Fey plays Sarah Palin current Alaskan hockey mom come VP running mate of Republican John McCain. The opening skit is hilarious beyond belief and will likely be considered classic comedy for years to come. Perhaps even more so should Palin actually ascend to the office of Vice President.

Here is the clip from NBC’s Saturday Night Live home page. Enjoy!

Because of copyright issues you need to go to NBC to see the flash clip. This is the link - I think Click Here
Ciao,



Tags: ; ; ;

And maybe it is FLERG which urban dictionary dot com defines as "a limp dick."

No comments:

Post a Comment